Mechanical Engineers are involved with the development, manufacturing, management and maintenance of transport, energy conversion, manufacturing, generator, weapon and cooling and heating systems, as well as industry installations, process equipment, manufacturing machinery and mining equipment.
Nuclear Engineers (post grad studies) design systems that utilizes nuclear processes for energy.
Mechanical and nuclear engineering is under the top 3 scarce skills in South Africa.
As a mechanical engineer you will work in South Africa or abroad in the following industries:
- Engergy technology
- Power generation
- System maintenance
- Plant layout and management
- Food processing plants
- Prof. Harry Wichers
- School Director: Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- 018 299 4283
- NWU, Potchefstroom Campus, Building G15, G03
- Ms. Sanette Loots
- 018 285 2512
- NWU, Potchefstroom Campus, Building G15, Room G02
- Dr. Jan janse van Rensburg
- Program manager
- 018 299 4027
- NWU, Potchefstroom Campus, Building G15, Room G05B