The Eskom Power Plant Engineering Institute (EPPEI) was established in 2012 and offers opportunities for research and post-graduation education in the power industry. Academic specialists at six leading universities, together with eight universities of technology in South Africa, team up with industry specialists to teach, mentor and guide our power industry students. This initiative provides for the upgrade of qualifications and skills of Eskom's engineers and technical staff.
Different specialisation centres were established at the 6 leading universities and include:
- Emission Control – North-West University
- Energy Efficiency – University of Cape Town
- Combustion Engineering - University of the Witwatersrand
- Materials Engineering - University of Cape Town
- Plant Asset Management - University of Pretoria
- High Voltage Engineering AC - University of the Witwatersrand
- High Voltage Engineering DC - University of Kwa-Zulu-Natal
- Renewable Energy – Stellenbosch University
Contact Prof Burgert Hattingh for more information.