The Faculty of Engineering focuses on the development of exceptional engineers, by creating an industry relevant environment, based on academic excellence.
We are deeply invested in the development of our students and we choose our students with great attention and care. We want our graduates to have ample knowledge and experience on practical applications in the field of engineering. Therefore, commercialisation of expertise has always been a top priority for us and will be pursued even stronger in the future.
I believe that the vision and mission statement below assist the Faculty of Engineering in reaching its goals. Be prepared to grow, thrive and succeed!
The vision and mission statement of the Faculty of Engineering is aligned with that of the North-West University.
The Faculty of Engineering's vision is to be the faculty of choice in Southern Africa.
The Faculty of Engineering's mission is to be a balanced learning and research faculty which is relevant for the development of students, the community and the industry.
The faculty will achieve its mission by:
- Being locally involved, nationally relevant and internationally competitive;
- Fostering scientific innovation and entrepreneurial thinking among students and staff;
- Focusing on the general shaping of students in respect of their career outcomes;
- Delivering high-quality engineers with skills that emphasise the implementation of engineering principles in the industry; and
- Developing new knowledge through research, assisting the advancement of the country and its people.